Here we go again!
“We should go away this weekend,” Lois said, several nights later as she and Clark walked hand-in-hand towards her apartment after filing their latest story.
Awww…she wants him to take her on a beach.
CLARK: ‘on’? That’s not grammatically correct.
LOIS: It’s not? confused

“I’m on call this weekend,” Clark replied with a frown.
Isn’t he always on call?

“Do you really hate your birthday that much that you block it out every year?”
Nobody ever buys her chocolates for her birthday?

not wanting to focus on her mistake from last year when she hadn’t realized that the reason Clark had asked her out was for her birthday.
She thought he wanted to take her on a beach and he wanted to take her to dinner?

“For the hundredth time, Superman was standing less than twenty feet away. Are you saying that he can fly around the world in seconds flat, but he couldn’t break the sound barrier across a room if I was in danger?”
Yes. The Flash needs about 5 miles of straight track to get up to the speed of sound. And that guy can deliver a warm pizza in 30 minutes or less from the other side of the continent.

“My heart almost exploded in panic when you knocked the gun from Stoke’s hand after karate chopping him in the crotch.”
So:
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: [Linked Image]

“Because if I were to ever fail…”
He’d have to start over in another universe, *again*?

“Lois, we don’t know what my heart is capable of doing under intense Mad Dog scare tactics,” he whispered.
So, all Lex would have had to do was kill Lois and make Superman watch, or well, send her body to him, to make the dense Kryptonian go away?
LEX: wallbash

She rolled her eyes. “Okay. I’ll stop taunting super villains with guns.” Regular idiots with guns, on the other hand…
laugh

“Soooooo,” Lois said, deciding to change the topic before Clark realized her promise came with a disclaimer.
She’s quite deceitful. I’m not sure she’s a fit wife for a superhero.
LANA: I’ll say. He dumped *me*! And I’m a blonde.

She remembered distinctly their passionate pasta night from the previous summer. Was he hinting at a re-enactment, a full one with a different ending? “Oh?”
This time, he’d bring her to her apartment, check under the bed, and then kiss her good night on the cheek before leaving?

He smiled at her as if he had won.

Jerk.
clap

. She was about to rebut his theory that a Batman lurking in the shadows could hold a candle to her sunshine loving Superman, when Clark continued… well, kind of.
[Linked Image] : I’ve now gotten this great new candles. See the lovely green glow?

“A thousand?” she asked skeptically.

“Okay. Fine. A million. Satisfied?”

“And I thought you were exaggerating before,” Lois murmured to herself.
Confidence issues?
LOIS: It’s been three hours since my last chocolate bar, okay?

Maybe she wouldn’t have to worry about every word she muttered as she had with Luthor, after all. Being with Clark wasn’t like losing her privacy, but like letting someone in. “Chuck, sometimes, you can be so male.”
Yea, all she’d have to do is turn on sports, or walk around naked, and he’d not hear a thing she’s saying.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I’ll be out, checking out that new Intergang headquarter in the new Costmart.

“Those irrational beings are only interested in cars, sports, money, and sex, and not in that order.”
See? Clark’s not planning on having sex with her. He doesn’t need a car. Money means nothing to him. And sports, well, he mainly goes for some obscure team from the heartland.

“I was being nice,” she argued.

“You stuck a knife in my masculinity,” he refuted.
Oooooooohhhhh thud

“Chuck, your masculinity isn’t up for debate,” she said, and lowered her voice.
Actually, there’s a lot of debate going on, all the time.

“Besides, that knife would end up bent out of shape if I tried. No one is more male than you.”
shock

Lois gave her head a slight shake. For being the Man of Steel, he sure was a big ol’ marshmallow. “You’re good at fishing, aren’t you?”
Compliments?

Lois halted in the middle of the sidewalk and held up her hand. “Hold it, right there. I make one semi-sports metaphor and you’re suddenly turning me into a pioneer woman. Could you be more male?”
laugh /points at Kathy B’s Camping With Clark/

“Hold it, right there.
Umm…I think some chocolate dripped off the s’more there.

but he’s toasty hot and ready to be dipped in chocolate until he was begging for s’more. Her eyes widened and she had to look away from him so he couldn’t guess her thoughts.
That she wants to stuff herself full of s’mores?

“Oh, look. Your building. Do you need me to walk you up?” he asked, his voice increasing speed with each word. He pointed over his shoulder. “I need to…”
Dip?

Their conversation hadn’t turned him on, but off.
Yeah…about that…

She was starting to look forward to sharing an air mattress with him in a very plush and fully stocked RV.
rotflol She’s really roughing it, there, isn’t she?
LOIS: What? It won’t even have a fax machine!
Also, would a fully stocked RV have an air mattress? I always figured, regular mattress, since it’s built in?

That dip into the icy waters near Antarctica had cooled his ardor a bit.
It has?
Antarctic Expedition Ship: Look out! Some really big iceberg just calved.

The combination of thinking about his first time with Rachel and what making love to Lois would be like… He swallowed.
Ah, that’s where he went! He’s hoping that Lois is up for a reunion with Rachel.

“You can’t. She will die,” he reminded himself.
He could put some Kryptonite next to the bed. That way, he might be the one to die after all.

causing a jolt of electricity to sizzle into his brain and short circuit it.
Oops?

“Oh. I just got in. I was about to take a shower,” he said.
Feeling dirty?

Anything to wash these thoughts from his mind.
Lex had sex with a Lois-lookalike right on camera and showed it to you. He later proceeded to brutally murder her. Does that help?

“Then why did you fly off?”

“I didn’t…” He had thought he had given a good enough excuse. So much for his subtle exit.
Maybe if he had said that he forgot that he had a date with Mayson?

“I need you to understand, though, that there are some things in my life, from my past, that I don’t want to get into detail about with you. Just as there are things from your past I don’t want to know in detail.”
I’m not sure this is the best way to phrase things.

Of course she had. He had just dangled a bit of chocolate-flavored intrigue in front of her.
laugh

“Private things.”

“What sort of private things?” she retorted with a tinge of Mad Dog to her voice.

“Personal, private things,” he clarified.
And he keeps digging.

“What kind of personal, private things have you been keeping from me, Clark?”
How he would like to win with his girlfriend?

She paused before saying softly, “Was it that bad?”
She ran off and joined the army afterwards.

“No, Lois. It wasn’t bad at all. In fact, it was very, very not bad,” Clark said.
Did he just tell her that he has very high expectations for her? That she really had to bring her A-game to make it worth the 1000 bucks he’s shelling out?

He sighed, rubbing his forehead. “Not forever, minha. Just not tonight. Not like this.”
Aww…he’s keeping it for their wedding night, to make it special!

He heard her smack her lips derisively. “Have a nice shower,” she called. “Think of me.”
Oh dear!

“I was planning on it,” he retorted, wincing when he realized that he said those words aloud.
jawdrop

“Come and visit me, and I just might be,” she cooed.
shock

One More Talk
Right.

“On an ordinary day, it’s only once,” he replied.

She leaned back in contemplation. “Oh, one of those ordinary days.”
The boring kind.

“Would you have said ‘yes’?” Clark asked.
shock

***End of Part 205***

Is Clark a glutton for punishment or what?
wallbash

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.