Would any of us pro-Lois fans have liked anyone engaged to marry Alt-Clark? Not having read the script, I don't see how Lana's dialogue could be seen as anything but snarky. I guess they could have played "Tempus, Anyone?" from Lana's POV, showing Lana as sweet and loveable, worried what would happen to Clark if he were exposed as an alien, and Lois as the woman out to steal Lana's fiance (even if technically she wasn't). Lois's actions in that episode were quite self-serving. I guess it all depends on the story's POV. Mrs. Mxy has also voiced complaint at how Lana was portrayed on the series.

I doubt you'll see a more positive portrayal of Herb than in Ken's stories. wink /just teasing you, Ken./ I love Tempus and wherever he goes, Herb must follow (or be involved, somehow). I tend to have Herb want to do the right thing and yet not always succeed (i.e. as he did when he TRIED to bring that man from the future into the past or when he stopped the curse by screwing up the future.) His heart his in the right place, but not always his judge of character or the right thing to do. I guess that trait could rub some people to the point of annoyance. I tend to find him great comic relief.

LATER: I forgot to mention that Tempus, Anyone? is one of my all-time favorite episodes. I'm a huge fan of alt-Clark. /everyone on the boards say, "Duh!"/

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/08/15 01:13 AM. Reason: added note

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.