Late--once again--but excited as ever for this story hyper...

I'm really enjoying, bit by bit, as Lois and Clark settle in to their relationship. You could tell in this part that they are that much more connected and close to each other. The Secret, though--every mention of Superman makes me more nervous for it to be revealed. In this chapter, probably more than ever. Clark is Lois' rock--and now, really, she needs him more than ever. And he needs her. There is SO MUCH at stake when she finds out.

Moments like morning sickness, Clark taking care of Lois, him reading about pregnancy. Lois wanting Clark's parents to know about the baby. They are both so invested in each other, and will continue to be as (or if) the pregnancy continues. "Shattered" is the word that keeps coming to mind when Lois knows the truth about Clark.

Very intense moments at the fertility clinic. And I, too, can see how Lois (and Clark) would feel out of place there. We were blessed with conceiving our children, but I remember prior to finding out we were pregnant, wondering. Wondering how long till we'd become pregnant, IF we'd get pregant. It was such an uncertain time, both times. Living in that for a longer period of time...months, a year, multiple years. Can not imagine. Anyway, very much have empathy. I'll be saying a prayer for your brother and his wife, also, Susan sloppy.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~