Originally Posted by KenJ
No, I didn't mean anything by that. I just didn't want anyone to think I was stealing an idea for a story when I already had one kinda like that in the works.
It's not stealing if it's in this thread. smile Anyway, Ken, you're a pretty straightforward guy and we believe you when you say you have a story in the works.

Also, you'd be surprised how many ideas I've had before they've shown up here suggested by someone else. I've also had ideas I've used (or will soon be using ideas [Linked Image]) from this forum. That's I love this challenge ideas forum! It gives what us doing a usually very solitary activity (writing) a chance to spitball story ideas. It's almost like (I imagine) working on a TV script writing team. Sometimes, I come up with what I think would be a great story, but I know I either a) don't have the time to write it, or b) someone else would tackle the topic better. This forum is a great place for ideas (many of which come from you, Framework4, so don't stop them coming). Sometimes, someone's writing block can be unlocked from inspiration from this forum.

Ken, you'd be amazed how many times I've thought, "Geeze, I better get writing. XYZ has just started a story using a plot I was planning on using in ABC story!" Or "That's just what I was going to do in ABC story." [Linked Image] Then, I remember that it's also great when more than one person takes an idea (or comes up with an plot idea independently) because two completely different stories are written. (The more the better, IMO) As you well know, there were many similarities between your alt-Clark story and my Wrong Clark story and yet, they went in completely different directions.

I'm hoping your story will be another one from the Young Hattie Chronicles. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.