Originally Posted by Framework4
Folks?

The Oregonian article notes the local sheriff's office "reviewed concealed carry permits ahead of the drill to ensure that no teachers would fire back."

And yes the folks playing the active shooters did carry guns, and did shoot staff with blanks.

At least one teacher was injured when, unarmed, they tried stop one of the active shooters.

Good thing there are no improvised ways of fighting back. I wonder how this would read if their officers were hospitalized from being beaten with a baseball bat or stabbed with a flagpole. It wouldn't be the first time desperate people defended themselves with something other than a gun.

By the way, the teachers aren't the only ones they should have been concerned about. The son of a friend of mine was 6'1"and about 220 lbs when he was twelve years old. Great kid, but I wouldn't want to see him in a situation like this one. I guarantee he'd defend himself.

There's a line between an unannounced fire or tornado drill and an active shooter drill and this is way over it.

Shallowford