I say the words out loud, brushing off his attempt to keep me silent: “You don’t speak for me anymore, Calvin. I want a divorce...not that anyone ever knew we were married.”

I've always loved "Whine, Whine, Whine" (for the overall 'feel' of the episode...the angst between Lois and Clark, and then--obviously dance --for the beautiful resolution at the end). BUT, another definite allure to the episode, IMO, are the guest stars. It's quite enjoyable (for some odd reason dizzy ) to be annoyed with Calvin. And, definitely, the icing on the cake for me has always been this great moment: Elise standing up to Calvin. Even though we don't really know Elise all that well from the episode, I'm always so proud of her here clap.

I think that's a big reason why I really liked this piece so much, Susan. I really wanted to get to know Elise more. She had a story to be told. And yes, this story was sad--in what Elise has been through...but also, it's inspiring--in where she is going.

No, what I’m really afraid of is independence. Of being alone – struggling to make my way in the world without his support. Because, if I look around, I’d see that he’s all I have. I’m afraid he’ll leave me, and I’ll be forced to confront what I never wanted to see.

How he cut me off from my friends. How he distanced us from our families. How he shoehorned us into my tiny apartment, pretending to be a family while hiding our marital status.

It made no sense. It still doesn’t. Well, now it doesn’t have to.

Because I’m leaving him. And I will not be swayed by his charm, by our shared history, by the love I know he still feels for me.

You brought so much reality to the piece, also. I was impressed by how easily you seemed to be able to get inside Elise's world. To show us how aware really of everything she has been. To show us how lonely she was. And also, to show us how strong she is to be able to get 'out'.

You know how much I like the WAFFY moments, everything between Lois and Clark. And that so much has to do with seeing and feeling their connection to each other. This piece...you connect Elise to us. So different...but also, so very powerful.

Wonderful written--great job! Impressed (as always wink ),
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/25/15 08:14 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~