Darth Michael: hyper A reader! Thanks for commenting, Michael. Sorry, it took me so long to respond; it's been a hell of a week, including house guests, 2 birthdays, work, and a misdiagnosed appendectomy (which wasn't), but made me spend 4 hours in the ER. Next year, I'm just going to skip my birthday. It can't get any better than that!

Awww…she’s worried about catching the common cold, now that she’s an alien that has arrived on Earth
Well, that too, but that's not the clean she's talking about.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by WC 195
“We never checked the Whites’ home phone for bugs, Ms. Lane,” he admitted. “But I’m sure it’s clean.”
LEX: /whistling innocently/
Yes, being in jail has to be very boring for Lex.

ALICE: Finally, I get Perry back to normal!
Exactly!

Wouldn’t it be awkward if they traveled via Mexico and Lois wouldn’t get into the US due to lack of a passport.
Actually, yes! That sounds like a fun story.

Originally Posted by ER
“This weekend,” Lois groaned. That long? Wasn’t traveling to Metropolis like going backwards in time?
TEMPUS: /agrees whole-heartedly/
Well, when you fly East from Australia you pass over the Day/Time line and end up going backwards in time. It's entirely possible to leave Sydney and land in Hawaii before you left.

She appears to be slightly irritable.
/Points to Lois's ability to stay mad/

Originally Posted by ER
That Nigel St. John was killed in lockup at the Gotham City jail?
Poison?
Hmmmmm. [Linked Image] Possibly. Possibly something a little more violent. (reminds readers what happened to the Orient Express victim Max Menken while he was in police lockup.)

Well…that’s yestermonth’s news and already well published by the MetStar.
CAT: /mad/ Copy cats!
You'd think that would make her (Cat) happy.

Originally Posted by ER
Little did he know about Clark’s ability to not tell her things she needed to know.
Like his choice in underwear. Or how he spends his nights?
CLARK: Didn't I tell her about my briefs? Anyway, *she* doesn't tell me about how she spends *her* nights, either!

Originally Posted by ER
“Thatta girl. You’d write on toilet paper if it was the only thing available,” Perry replied with a laugh.

“Who told you?” she growled. “Was it Clark? How did he find out? I never told him. No, I bet it was Martin! I’m going to kill him.”
Just *what* did she use for ‘ink’?
She means being locked in the space toilet, not actually doing any writing in there.

Originally Posted by ER
but it feels like two and half years since I was in Metropolis.
ER: /Agrees that EW took her sweet time building up her cushion and coming back to post/
[Linked Image] Actually, Lois is referring to the Space Station going around the Earth every 90 minutes (or so) X 2 months (1344 hours) in space = roughly 2.5 years. (i.e. every 24 hours = 16 "days" in space). Space Station humor.

Well…considering her…delicate state. And the fact that she’ll soon take a six week leave of absence to properly prepare and recover from the ordeal of giving birth to an alien.
Lois did not catch pregnancy while in space.

That he’s been busssy working on his next Kerth Award.
More like, he's been filling all his usual Lois worrying hours with work.

Minions! /Can totally picture Nigel in blue overalls chasing after bananas/
NIGEL: /mad/
Good thing Nigel's too dead for revenge.

KERTH Awards MC: And the winner for this year’s Best investigative reporter is…Ms. Catherine Grant of the Houston Chronicle!
LOIS: /has another reason to be ticked off at her boyfriend/
Assuming she's invited to the Kerth Awards to begin with. /ducking/

Pregnancy really must screw with her jealousy!
LOIS: Huh? I’m always that jealous. I mean, yes, it must be the pregnancy. Erm…what are you talking about?
Don't forget that she has already has suspicions about Mayson despite never introducing Clark and the ADA.

LOIS: So, let me get this straight. I got to fly coach back to the States for more than a day just because Mr. Flying Pants here thought it prudent to *check the plane* instead of fly me himself?
SUPERMAN: I can check the planes covertly. Flying Lois to the States would have meant that others would be made aware of our close friendship.

/scratches head/ is that an colloquialism, skipping the ‘hours’?
No, typo. Thanks. Fixed. My computer has two problems. A) my cordless keyboard doesn't type as fast as I do (or always catch everything I type) and B) within the last week, I've discovered that my kids have been coming in and "playing" around in WORD without my permission, deleting stuff, adding new stuff, etc. I've started having to log off instead of just "sleeping" my computer so that they can no longer do this. Luckily, my password isn't "Superman".

Or maybe the sun?
On the plane and/or airport?

So, no peanuts?
No, there were nuts, but they were displayed in the wrong manner.

Awww…is this like in ye olden days, when the treaty-accessory was placed in the care of the new business partner?
CLARK: Sounds good to me.
LOIS: I'm not PROPERTY!

LOIS: What does he mean by ‘allowing me’?
That Bill knows that if he runs fast enough, her limited muscle mass won't allow her to catch him or beat the crap out of him.

BILL: /confused/ Yo, Kent, she does know what Catherine knows about your underwear, right?
CLARK: [Linked Image] What do you mean? I'm not invisible. /points to amnesia and hospital stay/

/huh/ ‘irritable’?
Sorry, I meant "irritability". /grumble spell checking when half asleep/ Fixed.

Originally Posted by ER
but you’d be amazed at how much exercise one gets just from reacting to gravity on an everyday basis,” she replied.
Why Superman is so strong.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Maybe.

Could she sue Cpt. Martin for damages and suffering and wrongful imprisonment?
LOIS: That would mean dealing with lawyers, right? Pass.

Originally Posted by ER
“Well, you got to be the first reporter in space.”
Actually, that was that Kryptonian dude.
Yeah, she didn't believe that one either.

Like halfway draped over a man’s chest 2 feet in the air?
LOIS: Unfortunately, not.
CLARK: Unfortunately? /tugs uncomfortably at his collar/

Huh. Is she now telepathic and sensed how he imagined a naked Lois-like female?
Nope. She was going to tell him she missed him (or something else) but then thought better of it.

Like put her in a mental institution for a couple of weeks?
Riiiiiight. That's not recommended.

Brave. Foolish but very brave.
CLARK: I scanned her. She's not carrying Kryptonite.

So, he’s using her weakened state as an excuse for being her doormat?
Pretty much. (i.e. he didn't want to hurt her feelings since it was his/Superman's fault she was in an emotionally vulnerable state to begin with)

Yes, but what good is that one doing him if he’s too afraid of said loving?
CLARK: There's more to love than sex.

Originally Posted by ER
Don’t expect me to be your whipping boy any longer.”
So, no kinky stuff?
Taking him literally, now.
LOIS: Always a good policy with Clark.

Maybe a comma after good? Also, he really does like pulling the lion’s tail, doesn’t he?
Thanks. Also, he does love his spitfire.

TOMORROWS DAILY PLANET: Superman exposed — Man or Lunkhead? By Lois Lane
I don't think Perry would print that, but if she tried the National Whisper...

He really knows how to dig himself a hole, doesn’t he? Maybe he should have brought chocolates?
Yes. Yes, he does.
CLARK: But... but... but... I already gave her a Chocolate Superman. What more does she want?
LOIS: A chocolate dipped Clark Kent.
CLARK: help

Pregnancy hormones?
Nope. This scene will continue in Part 196. I'll try to have it ready tonight or sometime tomorrow. I haven't even had time to prep it. wallbash Crazy week/month.

Thanks for the comments, Michael. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.