“Are you sure it’s clean?” she asked,
Awww…she’s worried about catching the common cold, now that she’s an alien that has arrived on Earth wink

“We never checked the Whites’ home phone for bugs, Ms. Lane,” he admitted. “But I’m sure it’s clean.”
LEX: [Linked Image]

Lois couldn’t help smiling at the excitement she heard in Alice’s voice. If she was excited…
ALICE: Finally, I get Perry back to normal! hyper

“I’ll be home…” She glanced over at Henderson. He was her ticket and passport home.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if they traveled via Mexico and Lois wouldn’t get into the US due to lack of a passport.

“This weekend,” Lois groaned. That long? Wasn’t traveling to Metropolis like going backwards in time?
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

She pressed her lips together. “He knew exactly where I was and why I couldn’t get back sooner,” she snapped.
She appears to be slightly irritable.

That Nigel St. John was killed in lockup at the Gotham City jail?
Poison?

Asabi is on life support after someone slipped glass shards into his food,
Tsk tsk tsk…

Prisoners? She turned to glare at Henderson. What else had those two kept her in the dark about? She had read that Daily Planet he had brought her yesterday morning and the one from today and neither paper said anything about Luthor taking captives.
Well…that’s yestermonth’s news and already well published by the MetStar.
CAT: mad Copy cats!

Little did he know about Clark’s ability to not tell her things she needed to know.
Like his choice in underwear. Or how he spends his nights?

“Thatta girl. You’d write on toilet paper if it was the only thing available,” Perry replied with a laugh.

“Who told you?” she growled. “Was it Clark? How did he find out? I never told him. No, I bet it was Martin! I’m going to kill him.”
shock Just *what* did she use for ‘ink’?

but it feels like two and half years since I was in Metropolis.
[Linked Image]

Don’t expect me to land on my feet running.”

“Pardon? You’re funning with me, aren’t you?” Perry said. “This is Lois Lane, right?”
Well…considering her…delicate state. And the fact that she’ll soon take a six week leave of absence to properly prepare and recover from the ordeal of giving birth to an alien.

He turned in six stories this afternoon alone. I don’t think he’s slept since you left,” Perry said.
That he’s been busssy working on his next Kerth Award.

Who’s killing off all of Luthor’s minions?”
Minions! [Linked Image]
NIGEL: mad

Lois’s eyes narrowed into slits. “What do you mean ‘Catherine’s article’?”
Well…

“What?!” Lois screamed, rising to her feet. Slowly, she hobbled her way across the room to him. She couldn’t possibly have heard him correctly. “What?!”
Yes.
KERTH Awards MC: And the winner for this year’s Best investigative reporter is…Ms. Catherine Grant of the Houston Chronicle!
LOIS: jawdrop thud

“What blonde?” she asked, finally reaching him. She took hold of his lapels and shook him, but with her weakened muscle mass she made little impact. “Did Clark cheat on me with some blonde?”
rotflol Pregnancy really must screw with her jealousy!
LOIS: Huh? I’m always that jealous. I mean, yes, it must be the pregnancy. Erm…what are you talking about?

Not wanting to trust Lex Luthor’s spy network an inch, he also covertly scanned all three planes for explosives.
LOIS: So, let me get this straight. I got to fly coach back to the States for more than a day just because Mr. Flying Pants here thought it prudent to *check the plane* instead of fly me himself?

just over twenty-fours prior
/scratches head/ is that an colloquialism, skipping the ‘hours’?

Lois had a scarf draped over her hair, which shaded her face along with her sunglasses. He didn’t know if she was hiding from the paparazzi or from Luthor’s spies.
Or maybe the sun?

“Thank you, Bill. I hope you had a pleasant flight.”

Both Lois and Bill glowered at him.
So, no peanuts?

“Kent, I’m officially putting her protection into your hands,” Bill said, taking Lois’s hand and setting it in Clark’s hand.
Awww…is this like in ye olden days, when the treaty-accessory was placed in the care of the new business partner?

She’s now your responsibility and I expect you not to mess up my investigation by allowing her to do anything stupid that could lead to her death.”
clap
LOIS: What does he mean by ‘allowing me’?

I’ll be sharing the cell next to Luthor after causing your deaths and dismemberments,” Lois said, steeling her gaze at Clark.
BILL: confused Yo, Kent, she does know what Catherine knows about your underwear, right?

He had expected irritably.
huh ‘irritable’?

but you’d be amazed at how much exercise one gets just from reacting to gravity on an everyday basis,” she replied.
Why Superman is so strong.

“The doctors said that the joint pain should disappear after this weekend and with regular rehabilitation, I’ll be back to my pre-trip stamina within a few months.”
Could she sue Cpt. Martin for damages and suffering and wrongful imprisonment?

“Well, you got to be the first reporter in space.”
Actually, that was that Kryptonian dude.

as I’m used to sleeping in uncomfortable positions.”
Like halfway draped over a man’s chest 2 feet in the air?

“You know…” She shook her head and whatever she was about to say slipped off her lips. Her gaze hardened and her hand slipped from his cheek, only to return in a sharp slap.
Huh. Is she now telepathic and sensed how he imagined a naked Lois-like female?

and that he would have to play his cards right before he earned a vacation together in Tahiti.
Like put her in a mental institution for a couple of weeks?

Lois shook her head again. “Do you think the Kents would mind if we turned their home into a bed and breakfast for the night?” she asked.
Oooooh!

She had been quiet for the last few minutes before speaking.
help

“There’s nothing I’m sorry for, Lois,” Clark announced, and then added, “But I’m ready to hear your apology.”
Brave. Foolish but very brave.

“Since you were in an emotionally and physically vulnerable state, I let you get away with treating me worse than you ought.”
So, he’s using her weakened state as an excuse for being her doormat?

I have more than proven to you the staying power of my love.
Yes, but what good is that one doing him if he’s too afraid of said loving?

Don’t expect me to be your whipping boy any longer.”
So, no kinky stuff?

“I’d say it was a good safe place for you.”
Maybe a comma after good? Also, he really does like pulling the lion’s tail, doesn’t he?

“There are some things that Superman may find out that are classified and that I cannot tell you,” he went on, quietly.

“I always knew I’m the superior reporter, Clark. Thank you for acknowledging it publicly,” Lois retorted.

“Lois,” he began, his jaw stiffening at her insult.

“What happened to a ‘public’s right to know,’ Clark?”
rotflol

“So, you’re saying that you’ve never held back on reporting something because the public didn’t need to know?” He could tell from her expression that he had hit a nerve.
TOMORROWS DAILY PLANET: Superman exposed — Man or Lunkhead? By Lois Lane

“Yes, maybe I should’ve,” she admitted reluctantly. “But I was ticked off because you never told me who you really are.”
He really knows how to dig himself a hole, doesn’t he? Maybe he should have brought chocolates?

“He’s just a disguise so that I can have a real life… with you.”

Suddenly, Lois was back in his arms with her mouth pressed to his. He stumbled backwards from the shock of the kiss until he hit the tree behind him.

Clark didn’t know if he had won the argument or not, but it sure felt as if he had.
dizzy confused Pregnancy hormones?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.