As I was reading the scene at the playground my mind was briefly wandering and wondering if it was an "all accessible" playground. We have one of those in our town. There's ramps up to both the toddler-friendly and 5-12 playsets and paths wide enough for a wheelchair. I even remember seeing one kid who had this "strider" type thing so they could move themselves around the set without their parent's/adult's help. It also has these swings that look like BIG chairs made especially for those who can't swing themselves. Here's some images people have taken of the park. My youngest son gets a lot of out of the sound-features they have at the park, located right at eye-level for a child in a wheelchair and a toddler.

I wondered whether the "special" part of him was going to be something super, or simply his disability.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)