Personally, I prefer over 5000 words (or 10 pages), but I'm being nice. - Sorry, Lynn.
rotflol Ya got me pegged! If I were to come up with a story on this theme, it would definitely be closer to 500 words than to 5,000. I suspect that even the 2,000 would be a bit much for me, since if my muse does inspire me, it will probably be with some sort of a gag story.

Hmmm... I just had an idea: The Prankster hits L&C mid-kiss with his freeze ray. Lois is frozen but Clark is not affected by the ray. Nevertheless, because there are witnesses around (this happens in the DP), he has to feign being frozen. It is now up to Perry et al. to figure out how to unfreeze them. (Perhaps this is a new-and-improved freeze ray whose effects don't simply wear off after a brief period of time, or perhaps this takes place pre-RotP and Perry doesn't know the effect is only temporary.)

I second Susan's recommendation of The Kissoff. Although L&C aren't as I recall, actually kissing throughout the entire story, they are doing so for the majority of it. It meets your other criteria, and is a fun read.

Joy,
Lynn