Originally Posted by Annie B.
A nice story to read on Christmas morning. I look forward to seeing how this series evolves.
Only one more to go, but hopefully you'll be happy with how it ends.

Originally Posted by Mike M
A perfect Christmas morning story. Thanks for posting it when you did.
You are welcome.

I was kind of surprised that they fell back into the 'friend' relationship. Always thought the secret and its ancillary stuff (always leaving, dumb excuses) was the biggest thing keeping them apart.
I was a little surprised, myself, when the idea for this came along. I meant to leave No 2 in the series and let you imagine what happened in the morning. But when I realised that I could do a little Christmas snippet I knew I would have to decide what happened next.

I know that the secret is often a barrier to them getting together, and once it's out in the open, then 'things' start to happen, but in this particular case you saw that Lois (in No 1) saw Superman as out of reach, and Clark (in No 2) decide to tell Lois because he believed she would never feel the same about him. The secret coming out actually REINFORCED each of those ideas and so the two of them suffered in silence for months.

I see why you did it. You wanted to give Martha a role in getting them really together. Lois and Clark, two of the bravest, strongest people, still afraid of taking the risk of love.
Oh yes. Absolutely.

I look forward to the next installment next week.
Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Merry Christmas

Mike
To you too, thank you.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Sometimes love needs a little push in the right direction:

I don't know why they've fallen into this 'friendship' thing. I thought that when she found out his secret it would be the final factor in their inevitable journey to … love. But, for some reason, they both seem to think that the other just wants to be friends.

Pah.

I wish I could tan their hides.

But I can't. They aren’t children anymore, even if they act like it sometimes, they are grown adults. Capable of making their own choices, their own silly mistakes.

.... and sometimes not.

But as always, Martha finds a way to lend a hand! Thanks for a sweet story.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by groobie
Awwww...what a sweet Christmas story. smile Definitely looking forward to a continuation of the series. thumbsup
It does continue, but with only one more instalment. But then the start of this whole thing was only supposed to be one short vignette. And then I said I was done after No 2. *sigh*

P.S. Yes, I'm reading the boards on Christmas. I'm obsessed! LOL
Hey, you're only reading. I'm the one who posted, then kept sneaking little looks all day to see if anyone had commented!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Groobie:

Aren't we all? grin
See, exactly! *nods*

Originally Posted by LWhite
Had a peek at this somewhere between waiting for the family to arrive and Granny telling us that the old songs are the best (true, even if Slade coined it first) - great Christmas story. Lovely continuation to the previous parts.
Thank you.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."