Hey, FoLCs, thanks for the shout-outs for the "better idea." Hated the freezing thing - they never dealt directly with the possibility of severe cell damage or the possibility of residual neurological effects. Of course, it was a comic book/romance fantasy come to life, so maybe we shouldn't be too hard on the writers.

Mike, I deal with Jonathan and Martha passing away in an unpublished (as yet) story I'm still working with. Maybe later in this tale, since it does span a number of years, will we hear about something like this.

Groobie, Clark just said he wasn't leaving Metropolis "now." He didn't say he'd never leave. Wait, spoilers!

Morgana, isn't it possible that Nigel felt like he needed something to "calm" him down after being Tasered? I understand that it's quite a shocking experience.

Virginia, you're drawing conclusions from incomplete data. The next chapter will give you more material to work with.

DebbieG, we'll see how open they are (or aren't) in the next two chapters. In fact, the next one is up right - about - now!

See you in the feedback.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing