Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Good point. She knows he's engaged to another woman and she did kiss alt-Clark after all, so I'm sure Lois explains that away by mentioning that she's engaged to her Clark.
At his apartment, later, when she gets her purse out and shows him the pictures, he doesn't know they are engaged. She holds up her ring in answer to his question .. "is this 'us'?" "are we ...?"

I think that the 'missing' conversation actually doesn't need to be that long or complicated. Clark is clearly going to ask how she knows all this and she will say that they are partners and best friends in the other universe ... also - kind of - explaining the kiss. Best friends can sometimes be very affectionate without being romantic.

At this point Clark would say - "That explains the kiss, but what what is this 'Superman' you mentioned?" (at the time she kissed him.) Then Lois explains that Superman is his 'public' face - spandex, etc ... but that Superman is such a different personality to Clark that no-one knows they are the same.

At no point has Lois mentioned any super-villains or problems or Kryptonite, and not mentioned his parents either.

*shrugs* I always saw it as being as simple as that.

Now, considering that Lana tells Clark they are meeting her parents at seven and I thinks it's possibly afternoon at the time there is actually a few hours to fill, though. Even though the above conversation is pretty simple, there is still a lot of detail needed to explain it to Clark properly - such as 'how are they partners?/Lois didn't die so is still working at the Planet', expansion of what Superman is/does (disaster relief, stop crime, hope, justice etc)

There is still the matter of Tempus ... it's not clear at what point Lois explained who Tempus was. All we saw - up to this point - was that her excuse for teaming up with Clark was to do an 'expose of Tempus'. She may have mentioned that it was Tempus who stranded her and Wells in this universe, but if she'd gone into more detail of who he was and the kind of villainy he gets up to then I don't think Clark would have left her as easily when Lana came to get him.

Just my rambling thoughts. And not very well put together as my hubby keeps interrupting me with comments about what he's watching on the TV. grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."