Yes, yes, yes, Mike. It was an angsty story, and I did wonder if we were going to end up with one of those endings where Lois finds a hot pink clad Clark floating in Hobs River dead in the morning. Thankfully, she did not (I trusted Nan not to deliver us that sort of ending.) However, it was nice to see Clark having to suffer through what any regular joe reporter would have had to without his super powers. It made him appreciate them and Lois (and what Lois does) all the more, I think. I didn't see it for the comedic points; although, the thought of Clark stumbling through the dark in torn briefs in a hot pink robe, covered in green pain and then to fall into the river does -- as Lois put it -- seem funny afterwards. Sometimes, Clark seems to luck out of situations because of his abilities. I could just pictures the headlines in the National Whisper come morning. In this story, it's Clark's own good qualities -- of not allowing someone to be robbed -- for standing up for the little guy, which saves his day. Most anyone else, by this point in the day, would have held back and not gotten involved. Only Clark would find the good man in Suicide Slums and come to his rescue, therefore, causing himself to be rescued because of it. clap I stand on my applause. I loved this story, because it's Clark's goodness and his faith in his fellow human being which saves him... whether or not he was friends with Bobby had nothing to do with it. Don't forget: Bobby Bigmouth knows everyone. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.