Best friends, Lois and Clark, have movie night quite often. This one ends a little differently to all the previous ones.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Ahm… and now tell me you weren’t gunning for that response, Vic wink

Clark prayed that he was interpreting her eyes correctly as he lowered his lips to meet hers.
*gulp*

Clark's disappointment, when it didn't automatically continue, ran deep.
mecry Did Jimbo have an accident after he interrupted them in such a fashion?

He returned her 'platonic' smile.
shock Platonic! [Linked Image]

She was wearing a plain white t-shirt which accented her curves so there was little chance of his heart slowing soon.
Lois! /blushes scandalized/

He wore a black t-shirt and soft, time-moulded denim jeans. Her jeans were loose; fitted perfectly at the waist but roomy from there on downwards.
/scratches head/ Shouldn’t Lois be wearing the tight jeans?
LOIS: And *why* shouldn’t Clark wear tight jeans?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

It was uncomfortable, mostly because the cute top-knot in her hair was almost tickling his nose, but Clark dare not say anything, and he kept his arm across her shoulder.
laugh Yeah, how to deal with too much contact…? Maybe it’s more comfortable when they are restricted by less clothing?

Lois giggled at his indecision, and then lifted her arm, grabbed his, and pulled it under hers to hold her around the stomach.
That’s…close?

They were now at the climax of the movie, and Clark actually managed to fade out the world around him. The fact that Lois - the woman he loved more than life itself - was laid out across him, seemed to have been forgotten.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: But…But…But…Guns and Booms and Boobs!

It was as if he could read her mind through that smile.
Aww…his Krytponian powers are awakening clap

This film was going on their 'list'. Some films were watched only once, some went on the list and were watched repeatedly.
Those that make Lois snuggely?

Clark held himself as still a possible after realising that his free arm was actually also on her stomach. His subconscious had definitely been in control.
Could be worse. Could be that it had been located somewhat north of its current position.

This was a little farther than their usual 'platonic' touching, but hopefully Lois would let it slide, just this once.
/points to Platonic for platonic touching/

In fact, she'd been the one pushing the boundaries further than usual, anyway - cuddling into him, lying across him.
So, he’s blaming his girlfriend for their predicament and for not taking the necessary precautions?

Her lips parted and she let out a small gasp.
Awww…she’s realizing where she is clap

Clark prayed that he was interpreting her eyes correctly as he lowered his lips to meet hers.
Well…only two things could happen – she might reciprocate or she might rush to Perry, demand a new partner and have her old one attend a sensitivity and harassment training.
RALPH: They’re astonishingly good. Lots of photos of hot chicks willing to put out for dudes looking like me.
SEMINAR TRAINER: wallbash

Hope, that she wanted the same thing he did, was dancing through his mind
LOIS: Some good, old-fashioned relaxation after a stressful day in the office?
CLARK: [Linked Image] House. White picket fence. 2.5 Kids.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

And his dreams, during those moments, usually ventured into this exact scenario.
So, one might say this has been on his mind for a while now?

The fingers, tangled with his, disappeared and, instead, clamped down on his neck, pulling him back down.
So, ‘abort’ is not an option?

"Lois, I love you," he whispered, gazing into her eyes and pouring his very soul into those words.

He watched as her face crumpled.
Oh dear. Did he pull a deer?

"I … " she stammered, just as he had done before. A tear escaped her eye and trailed down the side of her cheek and into her hairline. "I …" she paused again, then took a deep breath. A shaky smile took over from trembling lips and Clark looked back at the misty eyes. They didn't look upset, they looked … happy. "I love you too, Clark."
LOIS: /pressing eyes together and balling hands into fists/ Please let there be water in the pool. Please let there be water in the pool.

"Yeah, I guess I did." His cheeks pulled further. He didn't think he'd ever smiled as wide before. "And I think I might say it again in a few minutes."

"Why a few minutes, why not now?" Lois frowned up at him, then giggled.
Umm…well…actually the time it takes for textile removal plus 30 seconds?

"This," he whispered huskily, returning the atmosphere to the previous mood. He slowly lowered his head, until their lips met once more, sweeping them away into bliss.
hyper

Awww…this was adorable!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.