Oh, my. What must Clark be thinking from what Lois said? Is he worried or relieved that she knows the truth (although, we all know she knows nothing of the kind)? Does he think she's come on a star as well? Only to be more convinced when she finally shows him her iPhone? What will she think when he tells her what he thinks? eek

Loved this section:
Lois scowled. Now who was the gullible one?

There had to be a rational explanation. Just because portals in time existed didn’t mean everything did. If she continued down this line of thought, she’d start believing in ghosts and angels. She’d be no better than those rednecks who thought aliens were real.

She might as well start writing for the National Inquisitor.
clap Brilliant!

So, who was the older man looking for her? Was he the thug from the future who had been sent further back into the past? Was it H.G. Wells? Well, at least HE'D be properly dressed. smile Or was it someone else?

We have discovered what Lois was wearing when she disappeared from this time, and why the dress was found on the bed. But all that mud couldn't have been good for it. Perhaps that's why there's a portal here. It's linked to this dress with no real beginning, so whomever wears it just get stuck in a time loop. The dress creates a time loop due to its anomaly.

Oh, the suspense is building. I wonder what will happen to Lois. Will she end up in another portal to the future? Or will she be left behind and Clark will be stuck moving forward in time, stuck between world? Oh, how sad a thought. You said your story will be less sad than the original story. I have no idea where you're headed.

I love that scene at the end where he can't smile right until Lois walks into the room. Awwww. So sweet and romantic. No wonder Lois was moved.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.