I read this story several years ago, but I had totally forgotten how it ended. I'm glad I read it again.

I'm a little surprised how few people recognized Caleb as Clark. It seems as if Caleb was a merge between Clark and Superman. Casual clothes, no glasses, slightly different hairstyle, and yet he fooled everyone (but Lex and Lois, apparently) into believing he was 3 people. If that were true, how come so many celebrities are caught out and about shopping in the sweatpants? huh It wouldn't take more than one person (other than Lois) to say, well, he fooled all of us once, let's see how else CK would look if we changed this about him or that about him. He was walking a thin line here, I think.

I loved how it was the female ex-MP who saved the day at Luthor's party and arrested Luthor. clap It was as if he was slapped down more than one way with that move. I love also how his careful plan backfired because Superman never showed. I love it when Lex's plans go wrong.

The building relationship between Lois and Caleb was beautifully written. It was interesting to see S1 through the viewpoint of Clark Kent or Superman not always being there to save Lois. I like it when Lois is strong enough to get herself out of her own messes. Keep it up! clap

I had forgotten that when Superman shows up at Lois's apartment for that first date, he shows up as himself and not in the uniform. There's just something endearing and sexy about Superman in casual clothing, sans glasses, sans act, just being himself. That's what I love about LnC, we actually got to see him being himself. I'm glad Lois had the guts to trust him with the truth that she knew he'd been on Earth for many years. I'm glad he trusted her back.

It was so funny that he thought she hated him just because she couldn't find anything interesting to write about Clark Kent after their initial interview. When all she thought was that there was more to the man that he let her see. Boy, was she right!

A delightful read.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.