Wow! Great! All these thoughtful comments have been very encouraging indeed.

AnnieB

Thank you so much for the additional comments, I really wanted the readers to see a very different world from canon, one where at least one of Kal-El's parents survived.

or-El's reason for not going after Clark makes sense -- the needs of the many outweigh the wishes of the few (something I'm sure Clark would agree with). Fortunately for Clark, he wound up in a good place, with loving parents who helped him become a great hero.

Its not like he and Lara didn't want to board the next ship heading for Earth! But, they were honor bound to help their people. A fine quality their son inherited from them.

Josca reminds me of Lois -- strong and determined, and definitely not docile!

Most definitely not docile. She helped to keep him on the path of peace not war.

Stupid, Lex -- really stupid (especially since Jor-El has admitted that he has, in fact, killed).

Yes, Lex was very foolish, the only thing that saved him is that Jor-El had already spilled enough blood and was now on another road.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.