The-Goal-Is-Met! Yes!!!! Woo-hoo! clap party dance

I really love this site, and am so thankful for it. It's wonderful to know that it will be around for a long time to come. Thank you everyone sloppy .

I had a bit of a t-shirt arrival story...

We're in the middle of moving back to where I grew up--a few states away from where we live currently. We were gone for a few weeks house hunting, and I knew that the shirts (a red t-shirt and a grey hoodie) would probably come while we were gone to our current home. We have a pretty deep front porch area--and even though we had held our mail--I didn't remember how the package was coming (if it'd be with the held mail at the post office, or if a delivery company was bringing it--hence the need for the deep front porch, since the package wouldn't be held if it was that method.

Well...yeah.

We arrived back here (a few days ago--after it seemed like everyone, I had read, had gotten their shirts in the mail) and we went directly to the post office to pick up our held mail. Very excited. Shirts were no where in sight. Disappointed, but knew they had to be on the front porch then. We got home...and no shirts. Nothing frown.

So I did what any rational person would do...start searching (the wind must have somehow blown the package out of the very 'tucked in' front porch, right? dizzy ). Checked under everything on the front porch first--which isn't much at all. Nope. Checked all around the outside of the front porch in our front yard. Nope. Checked the back yard...nope mecry . Checked the neighbors yards. Nope. Did an extreme 'last ditch effort search' and checked our egress window wells. NOPE whinging.

They are gone. Forever. Sad.

Next morning, call the post office (they must have mistakenly forgotten to give me the package with our held mail). Yeah....a big 'nope'. Argh.

Very sad.

Go get the mail later that day--all the while on the walk to the mail box thinking how I really wish the shirts hadn't gone missing.

Open the mail box.

Package-Is-There!!! clap jump .

Jump around--but try to be a bit inconspicuous b/c neighbors could see me. Big grin. Walk/run home to open the package...squealing under my breath. Yes!

Totally must have crossed paths with the package and the mail...just missed it when I went to pick mail up at the post office--but also missed it when it was on the mail truck heading to our house, and I called the post office. So ironic! shock

Anyway, they are awesome! Love them! Katherine Kent--you and your hubby are amazingly creative. Thank you for all of your hard work. What a wonderful keepsake...

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/12/14 11:27 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~