Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/03/14 04:59 AM
I'm making a second post because... well, I'm not sure if the stickied posts kinda fade out of everyone's vision or not. Do they? Didya notice it was there?

In any case, to repeat myself:

OK, FoLCs! Buy, buy, buy!!

Get your t-shirt or hoodie here!

The goal is set for 50 shirts, so we NEED to sell at least 50 or the whole campaign is a bust. (At which point, we could try again and set a lower goal.)

You have until July 23rd to place your reservation. I picked the longest deadline so that we have a better chance at reaching our goal and so that everyone can have time to make a little wiggle room in their budgets.

Due the nature of the campaign, shirts won't be shipped until after it ends. It'll be worth the wait, though!

If you have any more questions about how the campaign works, what shipping costs are, etc., please check out the FAQ over at teespring.

A HUGE, HUGE thanks to Katherine Kent and her husband for all the hard work designing and polling and organizing all the details of this campaign! party clap

Sara smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/06/14 11:58 PM
We've got 15 so far towards our goal of 50! Remember that you won't get charged until the campaign is over.

Some people have been having issues with getting a confirmation email from the site once they reserve their shirt. Emailing support @ teespring.com is your best bet. They respond within 24 hours and have been very helpful so far.

Sara smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/07/14 12:50 AM
I didn't receive a confirmation email for my t-shirt. I wasn't expecting one. Frankly, I didn't even think about it, figuring I'd only hear once we reached our limit. Should I contact them to confirm they got mine?
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/07/14 03:43 AM
That's what I'd assumed, too, Virginia. The counter did go up after my reservation, so I guessed it was OK. It wasn't until another FoLC had an issue -- the count didn't go up at all after she thought she'd reserved -- that I emailed to ask. At that point, the tech support person "re-sent" my confirmation email. Can't hurt to email them just in case. Maybe they'll get the hint that something's off with their confirmation system. wink

Sara smile
Posted By: LMA Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/07/14 06:43 PM
Definitely will be ordering 2 in the next day or two. Love how they turned out!

Exciting!
Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/09/14 12:58 AM
Just ordered a red V-neck shirt and a gray hoodie! Can't wait to get them. smile

We're currently at 18/50. I had no problem getting a confirmation email (it was in my inbox about 3 seconds after my order was processed).
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/11/14 04:48 AM
18 sold. 32 to go and we have just under 13 days! Now's the time to buy, guys! Remember, you won't get charged until the campaign ends.

Sara smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/12/14 07:08 PM
OK, looks like we cannot extend the deadline. However, we can request ONE goal drop per campaign. This would affect the amount of profit that we make per shirt. I'd like to wait until closer to the ending time to drop the goal.

So in the meantime, get those reservations in, FoLCs!! laugh

Sara smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/15/14 10:27 PM
Let's try to make it to at least 25, guys!! Only 8 days left! Consider sharing the link with any of your friends who like fanfic. smile

Sara
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/18/14 08:20 AM
Please dig deep, guys! We need the full amount to keep these boards running for the next five years. We only launch these fundraising drives sparingly. We don't want to have to be doing this again in a couple of years or lose the boards. So please - help us secure the boards' future for a long time to come.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Tailee Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/19/14 05:07 AM
Quick question...is it more worth it for this site for me to straight donate the $30 it would cost for a shirt, or to just buy the 2 shirts?

Thank you
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/19/14 08:14 AM
Either way, Tailee, the donation would be very welcome! Only difference would be to you, really.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Tailee Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/19/14 02:02 PM
OK...one more random question ...will there be more stories auctions in the near future?
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/20/14 01:25 AM
Tailee - LabRat's right - either way, the donation will be greatly appreciated! This post by Katherine shows the profit we'll make from each shirt. These amounts may go down by about 30 cents if we don't make the goal of 50.

Get the shirt while you can, guys! 4 days to go! hyper

In response to your question about the auction: Wendy started a poll a while back. Not sure if there's enough traction or not. Someone would have to take point on that if we wanted to have another go. smile

Sara
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/20/14 01:43 AM
According to teespring.com,
If the campaign does not meet its original sales goal, but is profitable at its ending amount sold, Teespring will still produce the products for that campaign and count it as a success. At this point, you will be charged and receive your order as usual. You will not be charged if the campaign does not reach its sales goal and is not profitable. We'll cancel the payment authorization within 24 hours of the end of the campaign.
So the main question I have is whether we have bought enough shirts to make the campaign profitable. If we haven't, how many more need be bought?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: LMA Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/20/14 05:03 AM
I'm still planning on buying 2, btw...life's been a bit crazy here with getting ready to sell our house, but will be ordering soon thumbsup (just to know, for our numbers right now)...

Laura
Posted By: LMA Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/20/14 05:42 AM
Decided to go ahead and order tonight. Done and Done: One red shirt, and one grey hoodie. clap hyper smile1 dance

Really excited--love how they turned out!
Laura
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/20/14 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
According to teespring.com,
If the campaign does not meet its original sales goal, but is profitable at its ending amount sold, Teespring will still produce the products for that campaign and count it as a success. At this point, you will be charged and receive your order as usual. You will not be charged if the campaign does not reach its sales goal and is not profitable. We'll cancel the payment authorization within 24 hours of the end of the campaign.
So the main question I have is whether we have bought enough shirts to make the campaign profitable. If we haven't, how many more need be bought?

Joy,
Lynn

I'm not sure what profitable means, and there's not an easy way to tell from the campaign settings. I've emailed Teespring. I'll let you know when I hear back. smile

Sara
Posted By: Tailee Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/21/14 03:20 AM
Got my order in. Ty.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/22/14 05:33 PM
Just got my email! The shirts are being printed!!! hyper
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/22/14 05:34 PM
Me too!!!!!!!

YAY!

YAY!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/22/14 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Just got my email! The shirts are being printed!!! hyper
Me, three! It also said that it would continue taking orders UNTIL Thursday, 7/24 for anyone who hadn't had a chance to get their order in before now. The More the Merrier!

I'm also bumping up KSaraSara's earlier link to the TeeSpring site easier for folks to find:

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
In any case, to repeat myself:

OK, FoLCs! Buy, buy, buy!!

Get your t-shirt or hoodie here!

Due the nature of the campaign, shirts won't be shipped until after it ends. It'll be worth the wait, though!
Originally Posted by Virginia
According to my E-mail that is August 7th
If you have any more questions about how the campaign works, what shipping costs are, etc., please check out the FAQ over at teespring.

A HUGE, HUGE thanks to Katherine Kent and her husband for all the hard work designing and polling and organizing all the details of this campaign! party clap

Sara smile
Posted By: LMA Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/22/14 05:48 PM
(Me, four wink ). Woo-hoo! dance Just saw the e-mail....yes!!!!

Laura
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 07/31/14 06:46 AM
Just got an email that it's shipped! dance Many thanks to all of you who worked hard to make this a reality! sloppy
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/01/14 08:16 PM
I received my t-shirt today! dance It's a little huge, but that's okay. Better too big than too small.
Posted By: groobie Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/01/14 11:59 PM
Just got mine too. It's perfect! Thanks to everyone who helped with the fundraiser. smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/02/14 08:36 AM
We earned $189.14! Thank you to everyone! laugh

Sara
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/03/14 04:04 AM
Mine came today! They look great! I have to wash the hoodie though - the super sticky envelope sealer was stuck to the hood when I got it. jump

Hubby's already threatened to steal the hoodie. I told him it's forbidden because he doesn't do the fanfic thing.
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/03/14 12:52 PM

Sara
Wow. Fantastic.

And I'm so jealous of everyone who's already got theirs. My projected delivery date (being UK) is still 1 to 2 weeks off! frown

I'm really glad that everyone says they look great, though. You never know what the actual printing will be like even if you supply a really detailed picture.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 04:58 AM

Sara
Has that amount been added to the thermometer? If so, we're still $325 short of our goal. I'll make my second donation I promised tomorrow. smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 05:14 PM
I just updated it! So now we're only $136 short of our goal. smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 05:35 PM
I just updated it! So now we're only $136 short of our goal. smile
party Sooooooo Close!
Posted By: groobie Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 05:53 PM
I just made a Paypal donation in that amount, so consider the goal met. smile
Posted By: Mike M Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by groobie

Way to go groobie! I was about to make my 4th donation, is there something else we might want to do that would need more $$?

Mike
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by groobie
notworthy Thank you, groobie. Thank you all! notworthy I don't know where I'd be without this site. /eyes RL warily/

Originally Posted by Mike M
I was about to make my 4th donation, is there something else we might want to do that would need more $$?
I believe any money over and beyond the goal means it will be only that much longer before the next time they need to have a fundraiser.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 08:40 PM
party party party Woohoo! Thank you groobie for getting us to the goal, and thank you everyone who contributed either time or money toward the fundraiser.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I still haven't received my tees. frown Maybe tomorrow...
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/04/14 11:44 PM
shock clap Wow, Groobie!! Thank you!!!

I believe any money over and beyond the goal means it will be only that much longer before the next time they need to have a fundraiser.

Exactly right, Virginia!

FoLCs are awesome!!

For those of you who haven't gotten your shirts yet, I realized this might be the answer:

From teespring:

We're writing to let you know about a recent stock issue that affected your campaign(s).

Over the past two weeks, manufacturers have experienced a national shortage in stock of the following select products that Teespring offers:

Bella Women’s Tee (Colors: Navy, Red, Team Purple, Pink, Berry)
Bella Flowy Tank (Colors: True Royal, Neon Yellow, Black Marble, True Royal Marble, Red, Athletic Heather)
Hanes Women’s Nano 4.5oz V-Neck (Colors: Deep Royal, Deep Red, Pale Pink, Ash, Vintage Orange, True Red)
Hanes Women’s Junior Fit (Colors: Carolina Blue, Winterberry, Dark Chocolate, Deep Navy, Maroon, Pale Pink, Light Blue, Light Steel, Pink)
Hanes Tagless Tee (Colors: Denim Blue, Lime, Maroon, Purple, Yellow)
Canvas Ringspun Tee (Color: White)

In response, last Friday we removed these from the designer to prevent new campaigns from offering products with limited stock supply.

Our intention was to prevent the creation of orders that could not be fulfilled. However, we accidentally and unintentionally pulled these products from active campaigns as well. We have reversed this mistake and restored the items on your active campaigns. You will see these changes active now in your campaigns. We apologize for any confusion that resulted from this.

It is our goal at Teespring to make every experience exceptional, and we hold ourselves to a high standard of customer and seller satisfaction. When we offer a product in the design phase of a campaign launch, we make a promise to provide you with that product. In the future, products with low stock will only be removed from the designer and will be left untouched in active campaigns in which they are already included.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us through email: support@teespring.com or by phone: (855) 833-7774 (Mon- Fri / 9a–5p ET).

It's not *entirely* clear whether or not there's a delay on the above-mentioned shirts. Your best bet is to send an email to the address above. They're very responsive and helpful!

Sara smile
Posted By: Tailee Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/05/14 01:55 AM
Just received my shirts. And also would like to add my thanks to all that have donated. I love this site tremendously.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/06/14 08:15 PM
Yay! The tees are here. smile I had had my mail held this weekend while I was away visiting relatives; the held mail was supposed to be delivered on Monday but -- long story short -- it only arrived today. The shirts were in that held mail delivery.

They look really nice. Victoria and hubby (sorry, I don't know his name): Well done! Thank you.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: LMA Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/12/14 03:24 PM
The-Goal-Is-Met! Yes!!!! Woo-hoo! clap party dance

I really love this site, and am so thankful for it. It's wonderful to know that it will be around for a long time to come. Thank you everyone sloppy .

I had a bit of a t-shirt arrival story...

We're in the middle of moving back to where I grew up--a few states away from where we live currently. We were gone for a few weeks house hunting, and I knew that the shirts (a red t-shirt and a grey hoodie) would probably come while we were gone to our current home. We have a pretty deep front porch area--and even though we had held our mail--I didn't remember how the package was coming (if it'd be with the held mail at the post office, or if a delivery company was bringing it--hence the need for the deep front porch, since the package wouldn't be held if it was that method.

Well...yeah.

We arrived back here (a few days ago--after it seemed like everyone, I had read, had gotten their shirts in the mail) and we went directly to the post office to pick up our held mail. Very excited. Shirts were no where in sight. Disappointed, but knew they had to be on the front porch then. We got home...and no shirts. Nothing frown.

So I did what any rational person would do...start searching (the wind must have somehow blown the package out of the very 'tucked in' front porch, right? dizzy ). Checked under everything on the front porch first--which isn't much at all. Nope. Checked all around the outside of the front porch in our front yard. Nope. Checked the back yard...nope mecry . Checked the neighbors yards. Nope. Did an extreme 'last ditch effort search' and checked our egress window wells. NOPE whinging.

They are gone. Forever. Sad.

Next morning, call the post office (they must have mistakenly forgotten to give me the package with our held mail). Yeah....a big 'nope'. Argh.

Very sad.

Go get the mail later that day--all the while on the walk to the mail box thinking how I really wish the shirts hadn't gone missing.

Open the mail box.

Package-Is-There!!! clap jump .

Jump around--but try to be a bit inconspicuous b/c neighbors could see me. Big grin. Walk/run home to open the package...squealing under my breath. Yes!

Totally must have crossed paths with the package and the mail...just missed it when I went to pick mail up at the post office--but also missed it when it was on the mail truck heading to our house, and I called the post office. So ironic! shock

Anyway, they are awesome! Love them! Katherine Kent--you and your hubby are amazingly creative. Thank you for all of your hard work. What a wonderful keepsake...

Laura

Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/12/14 04:14 PM
Our t-shirts arrived yesterday. (After having to pay customs VAT mad)

My hubby (Richard) won't stop wearing his. He loves it, and he's not a fanfic reader. He's read about 3 of my Smallville stories, and he says they are good, but they are not his 'thing'.

Anyway. I love mine too. Woo Hoo!
Posted By: Krissie Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/12/14 10:05 PM
It's a long time since I've posted here...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the hoodie I ordered arrived last week. (Nice postman left it in the greenhouse for me to discover when I got home. Of course, the postman also put a large bill for car repairs through my letter box the same day. At least the hoodie cheered me up! smile ) It's lovely. Surprisingly cozy, too.

A huge thank you to everyone who made this project work.

Chris
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/13/14 06:29 PM
My tshirts arrived safely, yesterday. Really impressed with the quality! Thanks to Kathleen and everyone who put this together. And to everyone who donated time, energy and cash to our cause.

Your enthusiasm and affection for our little community is heartwarming and may it long continue!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Fundraiser t-shirt is ready! - 08/19/14 10:28 PM
Hey guys! Long time no see!

I just got my fundraiser t-shirt today! Had almost forgotten about it when my brother showed up in my room holding it:

"Does this fit you, by any chance? It came with the mail under my name..."

The PayPal account is under his name, you see. grin

It's very pretty, and I love the quality!

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work you've put towards the fundraiser! I'm glad the goal was reached, and grateful to have been given the chance to contribute - I know I'm not around much (okay, at all) these days, but I always think fondly of this place. love

See you around smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards