So, Clark was obsessed by his girlfriend at Midwestern U. (not too surprising) and she was obsessed with Luthor. I can't see this ending well (even without already knowing that she dies). What I can't fathom is how Luthor and Clark become friends. huh

“Good thinking,” Lois nodded and took his arm, dragging him towards the Daily Planet. “Now come on, we’ve got work to do.”

“Um, Lois, if you don’t mind, I’d like to get changed, first,” Clark replied, stopping her.

Lois rolled her eyes, unhappy with the delay. “Don’t make such a fuss!” she spat, cringing at her own harshness. “It’s really not that bad!” she hastily reassured him.

Clark only raised his brows.

“Okay, maybe it is that bad,” she conceded with a sigh. “Go.”

“I won’t be long,” he promised and flashed her a smile before he headed home.
So, Lois doesn't tell him to keep a change of clothes at work. Will he not get the idea to become Superman? What will happen at the Prometheus launch, then? eek

My guess on Lois's nice behavior is that she knows that Clark is friends with Luthor (or was at one time). To get that interview she wants, she'll have to be friendly with Clark to get it. She doesn't want to antagonize this source. Can't wait to see how long this lasts or where it goes from here.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.