Lex howled in pain from the kick. He stumbled and twisted in an attempt to capture her. He was clumsy because of his knee injury and she was able to side-step again. As she did she brought her left fist around and caught him on the right cheek, gouging a track in it with her wedding ring.
Ye-ouch! That's going to leave a mark.

He said, in a menacing tone, “I don’t appreciate men making passes at my wife. I’m warning you, Luthor, leave … my … wife … alone! If you don’t, I just might not be there to rescue you the next time,” and snickered.

The look in Kent’s eyes was fierce. Lex had never seen the mild mannered reporter so angry and he quailed inside at his baleful expression. He didn’t know who to fear more, Kent or Lois. Lex was so stunned and even scared, that his knees went weak and he collapsed into the chair he had been holding onto for support.
Oh, now, Clark. That's isn't nice. Oh, and Lex, fear Lois more.

Also, how does one look fierce and angry while or after snickering? Is that even possible?

Luthor limped over to a chair and with a wince of pain, collapsed onto it, “No, Nigel. I’m really in love. I’m in love with a married woman.”

“Married, Sir?”

Shaking his head in mortification, Lex replied, “Yes, Nigel, married. Married to that country bumpkin, Kent.”

“Begging your pardon, sir; when has that ever been a problem in the past?”

As Luthor contemplated Nigel’s question he started to smile and it wasn’t a pretty smile.
Oh, no. THIS isn't good. What's he going to do next?

Perry replied, “Let me back in. On a trial basis.” Looking around, hoping that Lois wasn’t listening in he continued, “Son, don't ever beg a woman to take you back. Chances are, they will.”

Clark chuckled and said, “I don’t plan to do anything that would make Lois kick me out.”
How sad for Perry to say such a thing. And here I thought he loved his wife. Maybe Alice was right to kick him to the curb.

As jimmy exited, Perry exploded, “Jimmy! Blast that kid.”
You missed a capital "J" here.

I know what Miranda's going to do, even if Metropolis or Lois don't deserve this punishment, but what horrible thing are Lex and Nigel going to do?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.