Just finished reading this story all the way through, and I wanted to let you know how very much I adore it. It makes me cry and laugh and hope and cry some more and smile some more, which are all the best things a story is supposed to do. I love the characterizations of an older Lois and Clark here, seeing how much they still love each other, but also how much they've grown together as an older couple -- they always felt like Lois and Clark, but how they would be if we had gotten to see them older. Clark's loneliness and his way of blaming himself for it -- as he's so endearingly apt to do -- was heartbreaking, and Lois's realization of what she'd almost lost made me ache for her. I love that she 'won him back' by trying to act exactly like he had with her younger self. Jonathan and Clark's scenes together were especially poignant as well. Perry and Jimmy had such wonderful cameos, and the children Clark was helping were rather sweet, and Dan Scardino was just as easy to dislike here as in the show, and I loved getting to see Lois and Clark, in the midst of everything, get to investigate another story. Some things will never change... smile

In other words, one of my favorite stories -- thanks so much for writing it and sharing it with us. (And I'd love to see it in the archives...)