Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I don't think I have it in me to write a story like this, but this has got me thinking. What would Clark be likely to do different, especially immediately?

1. I think he'd go to his parents and pitch his Superman idea early and have Martha make the suit. This time he has the final design in mind already.
Probably true. He might even get the job at the Planet with the first-ever exclusive Superman interview.

2. He might not wait for the shuttle bomb thing to debut. Maybe he saves the Messenger shuttle. He might figure that if Lois is not the first one to see him in action, and if he doesn't fly her gallantly into the newsroom, maybe her crush won't be as bad.

This could have some potentially far-reaching side effects. If Lois is not the first reporter on the scene, whoever is there might not have quite as favorable a spin to put on the news coverage. It really could go either way.
How about... Linda King? Or maybe just Clark Kent? Or Jimmy Olsen - Clark trying to help him get the much needed raise... Although, come to think of it, Lois' crush on Superman will probably be non-existent if he chooses Linda King as his favored reporter.

3. Before Superman shows up, break into the warehouse on Bessolo Blvd. and take his ship. Bureau 39 wouldn't be expecting it, and I'm sure he could do some surveillance and find a way in and out without being caught. While he's at it, take some random files along with the Smallville ones, just to throw things off a bit.
Nah, he'd have to be cleverer about that. Get out his spaceship - and replace it with a replica made by his mom. She's an artist, after all. The Bureau 39 goons probably won't notice anything for a long time because the ship is covered anyway. And, yes, Clark would need to get rid of his file. Or maybe change it to something more innocent.

4. Have his dad talk to Wayne Irig about the tree. He's got to prevent Wayne from sending any samples of any as-yet-unfound interesting minerals to any labs for analysis.
Or just play at being the world's greatest kryptonite detector and have his dad dig it up.

5. Write down everything he remembers about Luthor's crimes any any evidence that he collected the first time around. If any of that exists yet, start getting a hold of it. If it hasn't happened yet, Clark's got the upper hand and will be able to obtain evidence in a more timely manner when it does happen.
Very, very good point. Also, add all Luthor's crimes that Clark does know about, but can't prove. Then have him get a good camera, get Perry's, Jimmy's and Henderson's help early on and work on bringing Lex down.

6. He will really have to watch himself around Lois because he knows her much better than she thinks he has reason to. He has to remember not to say anything that would give her reason to believe that he has more information than he should (e.g., mentioning her relationship with her dad, being familiar with the layout of her apartment, knowing that her sister is staying with her, etc.).
Or he could actually use his knowledge to play with Lois. Like telling her about the three rules he lives by. (He might just copy Lois' rules - or change them, whichever.)

You know, Clark might even find ways to stop Lois from dating Lex. Simply make enough accidents to Lex' organisation happen so he can't spare the time. Or hold Lex captive in his very own wine cellar for the duration of the (intended) date. Or get him all locked up in his (suddenly dysfunctional) elevator.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)