jawdrop
That's quite the ending. I'm eager to see Lois's reaction.

I guess Clark here doesn't have any more information about himself, and probably less, than cannon Clark did when he got to Metropolis. I don't remember if there was a mention of it in Vagrant, but did Clark's parents tell him about how they found him before they died? Did he have any of his powers back then to induce them to talk about where he came from?

I figure that, since he's decided to tell Lois, he'll show her what he can do and say that he doesn't know why or where he's actually from. Hmm... is this going to lead to a conversation about what actually happened in Kansas? We've gotten some vague information that Clark hurt someone, but I'd like to know how that played out.

He glanced back at her house and stared for a long moment, then said, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they had someone out there watching your car right now.”
His skills sure come in handy on the street and on the run, don't they? I like his subtle (and sometimes not-as-subtle) use of powers and how it's implied in the narration but clear enough for us to know what he's doing.

Clark glanced upward at the streetlights above. They were sparse here, a fact that her father had complained about numerous times as he took this route to park his car.

One of the lights burst above them, followed by another, and then another.
Hmmm... convenient. He sure doesn't have a lot of qualms about property damage if he thinks it's for the greater good, does he? Which I guess is pretty par for Superman. In the 90's cartoon, for example, he's constantly tearing apart the city fighting the bad guys. It's a wonder anyone can get property insurance in Metropolis.

I like seeing where Clark's been living. It's the bare minimum of what he needs: a place to keep his stuff and an out-of-the-way place to sleep.

His comment about keeping an extra coat to give to someone who needs it makes me wonder how much he spends in extra coats. I was always impressed that Clark on the show gave Jack his jacket after having been robbed. This is the kind of do-gooder I like to see in Clark.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)