Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I shouldn't read this story when I'm feeling depressed. I read chapter 3 when I was already down, and it was so sad!!!!!!!! I think I almost cried.

I read this chapter when I was in a much better mood.

I'm glad that Lois and Clark have a better support system now that Dr. Klein and the Lanes are in on the secret. Something that confused me as I read, though, is that at the beginning of the conversation I assumed that Jonathan and Martha didn't know about his heart, but by the end it seemed like they had already known. I guess that they would have called when they found out that Superman had collapsed after the bridge collapse, but they wouldn't necessarily have known about the results of the tests that Dr. Klein ran. It would have been less confusing if there was a mention of having talked to Clark's parents before the Lanes came over.

You're doing a great job of capturing the characters' emotions, especially how distraught Lois and Clark conflicting with their joy about their baby.

Thanks so much! smile

I meant for this:

Jonathan and Martha shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Clark and Lois had both spoken to them at length about letting Sam and Ellen in on the secret, the two of them having dropped everything to take a red-eye flight to Metropolis the day before. Clark had wanted to fly them in himself, but Dr. Klein's warning about using his powers had rung in his ears and chilled him to his very soul. To use his powers, especially in some grand fashion, would put even more stress on his heart, which could very well be fatal.

to show that Lois and Clark had told J&M everything. But, I may need to make it more clear when prepping it for the archive.

Um...there's some not so happy stuff coming. That's all the warning I can give you.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon