Maybe I'm reading something in here that isn't intended, but I always look for "bad guy" angles any time Clark can't be Superman for a while. And I can't escape the feeling that this is exactly what some really, really evil genius has come up with to keep Superman out of his hair. The fact that it's also deflecting the best team of investigative reporters on the East Coast is just a bonus.

Without giving away anything, it's definitely not a villain doing this to Clark. He actually does have a heart condition. You'll see...

Anyway, I think this is an original and very interesting tale. And don't worry about this chapter moving a little slower. You can't run a distance race at top speed or you'll crash and burn. I'm sure you're saving enough for a finishing kick. Loved the Ellen stuff, too. "Of course you married an alien." Translated, that may mean, "Lois, you never liked any of the young men I suggested to you, the ones with excellent breeding and well-established families and lots of old money."

Thank you! blush I definitely wanted this to be a slower chapter. You'll see why in the next few. Gotta love Ellen. Always wondering why her daughter has to be so weird. wink

You're posting the next part when?

My plan is to maintain a late Sun/early Monday and late Thursday/early Friday schedule. (Times dependent upon when my 9 month old daughters allow me to use the computer.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon