Thanks for your input. So it sounds like you guys have Lois use the term because that's the way she addressed Sam in the show, and it was probably used there to highlight their dysfunctional relationship. Gotcha.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I think I only once called my own father "Daddy" as an adult; it was in the conversation in which he told me that he had terminal cancer. I'll freely admit that the shock of the news made me regress emotionally for a few minutes to the extent that I used the childhood epithet.

I'm sorry about your dad. Given all the emotions of the moment, I can certainly see someone calling her dad "Daddy" there. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
In full disclosure, I do sometimes call my husband "Daddy" but only because that's what the kids call him. My daughter is 9, my son 6. Usually, I call him by his given name, though. But I would *never* call my father "Daddy" unless being silly or sarcastic. He's "Dad".

I call my husband "Daddy" when my kids are around, too.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)