Hi Shayne,

I'm ashamed to say that although I have enjoyed the prequel to this story and am immensely enjoying this one, this is the first review I am leaving. Please forgive me for my silence. grovel

This part was fantastic. (Well, all of the parts so far have been fantastic, but this one was even more so.)

It was clear in my mind what was happening: Bill forced Joe's hand up and made Joe shoot himself with the gun. The only thing that might keep it from looking like a suicide to the coroner would be if Bill put enough pressure on Joe's arm to leave bruises. Of course, since someone in the coroner's office has been bought off, any such evidence might be moot. But then again, if Lois and Clark manage to break into the morgue (how morbid!), they might be able to take pictures of the evidence.

I suspect that Lois and Clark's first stop will be to see Brother Wayman. Or if they are afraid that their presence might endanger him, they might seek help from Louie instead.

And there is a certain irony in the fact that were it not for Clark's swift actions, Lois would also be homeless. Of course, until this situation is resolved, she is, de facto, homeless, since she can't safely go near any of her relatives' homes.

There seem to be more and more meanings to the title of this story. I've seen three so far. (The typical high school reunion day rah-rah activity, Clark eventually finding a home and now, apparently, Lois finding one, as well.)

I definitely see a Kerth in your future for this one, Shayne. Correction, I see multiple Kerths.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., A weekly news magazine that I get has a blurb for a charity of the week. This past week's charity was apropos to this story. The mission of My Stuff Bags Foundation ( mystuffbags.org) is to give duffle bags full of items such as clothes, toys, and security blankets to child care agency to distribute to children who are homeless or in the foster care system. According to the magazine, the charity has a four-star rating (the highest possible rating) from Charity Navigator.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 05/18/14 08:45 PM. Reason: Added p.s.