For those of you with real lives, who don't spend every waking moment hanging out on the boards like the rest of us pathetic fools, this is just a reminder that you need to update the links to your stories on the boards in your TOCs.

The upgrade to the new boards inadvertently broke the within-board links, so they need replacing with new links to help people find stories and/or story parts easier. LabRat, with the help of Mike M, have been working diligently on the ones that LabRat herself added to the TOC forum. This is why you'll occasionally see an old FDK thread pop up in the Active Topics thread. Some people (such as myself) have noticed the TOC pop up, when someone bumped it, went to check out said old story, and made a comment. If you check out the TOC forum, you'll probably see the story, which belongs to the old FDK thread, near the top.

If you're one of those people who doesn't usually make up your own TOC thread to your stories, you might want to look for your stories and volunteer to update your own story TOCs. I'm sure LabRat (and Mike M.) would appreciate any extra help they can get. If they've already updated your story TOCs, you might want to add yourself as a follower to the FDK to be emailed should someone add a comment to your story's FDK. (To do this, just click on the Topic Options button when you have your FDK thread open and scroll down to "Add Topic to my Watched Topics". It's that easy. smile )

Many thanks notworthy to LabRat and Mike M. for all of their hard work in helping these authors. clap

By "Within-Board Links" I mean the links in a TOC (Table of Contents) thread that brings a reader to the story and/or FDK(Feedback)/Comments threads. For writers who have links from their story to their FDK threads (and vice versa) those links were also broken by the upgrade and should also be fixed.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/11/14 11:49 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.