Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'm one of the ones who is guilty about looking but not voting, but I have a reason for that. I am curious about the outcome, but I don't think I should vote since I won't be getting a shirt. (If the saying on it were just, "It's a fanfic thing," I would definitely buy one, but to me the second clause makes the shirt sound insulting, or at the very least condescending, toward the reader of the shirt. That's really not the image I want to convey about people who participate in any fandom.)
That's exactly the way I feel. I also didn't vote for this slogan for this very reason. I'll buy the t-shirt, though. I'm committed to it, but I'll wear it a whole lot more without that second line. It's why I liked the design with the notepad with the crinkled paper with the second line as a rejected idea. thumbsup /It's also why I was for the idea of having a second slogan idea available, but alas I doubt demand is there for 2 t-shirts./

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/10/14 01:31 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.