Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I think that by staggering the end times, people could plan better how they wished to allocate their money and this would result in higher final bids overall.
I don't know about other people, but I had a set budget and the boards would have gotten the same amount whether or not I won any auctions. People with more discretionary funds, though, might spend more.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I suggested having a subsequent auction in three months so that if someone is on a tight budget but wished to participate, they would have some time to build up their discretionary funds.
I agree, I used all of my funds up this time (with a little hung back for the upcoming T-shirt). Also, a mid-summer auction would allow all those college students dealing with finals right now, who vacation at the boards during the summer, to become involved. It would also allow (as Christina said) for writers and artists to prep auction ideas. Maybe we can get a vidder to step up this time. smile

I personally LOVE my Swag. Totally happy bidder, here! dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.