Some workarounds:

- Links are no longer color-coded to indicate whether they have been viewed. Instead, one can look at the images to the left of folders/threads to see whether they are in grey (already read) or colored (new unread items). As was pointed out to me (I won't cite names since I didn't ask permission to quote this individual), one can also see how many unread posts there are in a given thread by looking at the red parenthesized number in the "replies" column.

- In lieu of a blue arrow to indicate story posts, one can use the posting item of the yellow exclamation point inside the red multipointed star that I am using for this post.

- If you wish to use graemlins, you can do so by clicking on the smiley face in the formatting tools row immediately above the area in which you are typing the main body of your message. If you are replying to a previous post, you need to switch to the full reply screen to see the rows of graemlins to see the formatting tools row.)

- If you wish send someone a private message, click on their name to the left of their post, and you will have an option to send them a PM.

- I, too, love the column indicating the number of views a thread has had.

Joy,
Lynn