Everyone who has been on this board for a while knows that I'm a comic book geek, and have been since I rediscovered them in college (early 70's).

I have all the Superman books back to the 1970's and many others from before that, and since I'm mostly a Lois Lane fan, I have the entire run of "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane". Some of those books are really a hoot.

I too think that the Byrne reboot was well done and led to what many consider a mini golden age for the Superman titles. My involvement with over 26 years of belonging to a group that puts on our local comic book conventions has allowed me to meet many of my comic book 'idols' over the years.

I consider meeting and interacting with such giants as Curt Swan and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez as highlights of my comic book experiences. I can also call local artist/writer Dan Jurgens and artist Doug Mahnke friends. Both have worked on Superman through the years. In fact, I think no one has worked on more Superman books than Dan except Curt Swan.

I look forward to occasionally checking in on this little forey to see how others feel about one of my obsessions. It should be fun.

Tank (who says, that while he agrees that John Byrne did excellant work on the Superman reboot, it's really too bad that the man himself is a rude, arrogant tool)