I'm taking a course on the history of American Mass Media and while the right to free speech IS a right enshrined in our Constitution, that right can (and sometimes does) get Limited (as in the MPAA ratings, one time the comic book code and cases of treason.). With that said there is one right NOT guaranteed within the Constitution. The right not to be offended.

To be clear, I'm neutral on this. Comic book writers have said so e pretty darn misogynistic stuff and then somehow turnaround and write a good story with women in it. The reverse can also be said (the writer if Injustice was very clearly on the side of women in both his early and later interviews and still wrote a story that "fridged" both Lois and Baby at Clark's hand giving them some abusive implications) so I'm not ready to say anything. Now if his opinions pop up in the stories he writes? That's another matter and one I'd be happy to talk about in due course.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)