Originally posted by Christina:
Superman Returns was PG-13. The Reeve movies (I through IV) were all PG. It does seem like there's fewer and fewer G rated movies (for that matter, PG), though. I can't think of a SINGLE movie off to top of my head that wasn't less than a PG or PG-13 that I've seen and even fewer rated G.
The Reeve Superman movies came out pre-code (before PG-13 was a rating, which happened in the late 80s if I recall). Most Disney cartoons still rate "G" ("Princess and the Frog" was, but "Brave" was PG); the Dreamworks cartoons are usually PG because they have edgier humor than Disney.

In my quick perusal of Netflix "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (with Brenden Fraiser) was PG, but it was geared towards kids. All those animal movies that Disney puts out "Air Bud" (or Buddies) to the nth degree, those are all PG. And for some reason, "High School Musical 3" (the only one of the three which made it to theatres) was G! (I figured it would be at least PG, being that it was dealing with teenagers, but then again, I never saw it). "Big Miracle" about the whale trapped in ice was also "PG" but "Hunger Games" (I haven't seen it or read the book) was PG13.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.