I was going to post this on the Jenny (sic) Olsen thread but then figured it needed it's own thread.

On a Completely different, but similar topic: while browsing the about Jenny Olsen, I saw that the tentative rating for Man Of Steel is: PG-13 . huh for a MIB movie?? <<just double checked the original movie was too -- I guess with all that alien gore, it makes sense>>

Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the Sith - was rated PG13 and deservedly so, with all the killing of the kids and Anakin turning bad and all.

Spider-man 3 was also PG13 (I'm sensing a trend here). Again, I can see why. If the bad guys are sympathetic and the good guy goes bad...

Avatar (the one with the blue people) also was PG13, but my 5 year old LOVES that movie and wasn't scared a bit. (We tried to keep him away, but he makes Lois seem like a pushover with his stubbornness - and, yes, I am a DOORMAT. It's something I've been working on for years.). I wouldn't put this movie in the same rating bracket as SW3, would you?

Language wise (even though it was pre-PG13-code) Short Circuit (the one with Steve Guttenberg and #5 robot) had TONS of language I'd prefer my kids not to learn, even though it was otherwise a kids film.

Actually, doing a quick flip through most of the superhero movies released recently (and not so recently the Michael Keaton Batman was also PG13), I notice that they ALL are PG13. Perhaps this isn't new news, and I'm slow to noticing the trend out here in the farm belt, raising my kids, and being sooooo far from being 13 myself, but when PG13 first came out it was considered R-lite and a big deal. Now it seems any movie geared towards adults and not kids gets an automatic PG13. So, should I not be shocked that Superman: Man of Steel is considered PG13?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.