I'm amused that Lois has all those interview tapes. Hey, if I had conversations with Superman on tape, I'd keep them, too. laugh

You're addressing something that has long bothered me about SR: the relative time involved in the trip itself.

The really ironic part is that they re-used the Brando footage in SR to keep him as Jor-El, and it's the Brando version of Jor-El that said he's been dead for thousands of years! [Roll Eyes]
Yeah, that's one of many problems with them trying to make SR a direct sequel to Superman II. I wish that they had been able to make Kevin Smith's script that he wrote in the 90's ... without, you know, Nic Cage as Superman ::shudder::. It was it's own story, not a follow-up to the old movies, and it didn't bother retelling Superman's origin because every single person already knows it.

Um, ok, that's a tangent.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the story! laugh

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)