This idea was first brought up in Paul's AudioFic Experiment thread , and I thought I'd try and see if it could work out.

The idea is this:

We have a fic written in first person, No Excuse . We have a POV switch near the end - most of the story is told by Clark, while the last few lines are told by Lois. We could make an audio version of it, where a male FoLC would be reading Clark, and a female FoLC would be reading Lois.

If you're interested in taking part in this, here's what you have to do:

- Record yourself reading out a small part of the fic (15-20 seconds should be enough). If you're trying out for Lois, it would be better to read out the whole deal (so that the choices are there and ready to choose from).

- Upload the sound file somewhere and reply here with a link to it, or email it to me and I'll do it myself.

- The casting period will be over after a period of three days without a new participant.

- Throughout the casting period, all of you can, and are encouraged to, comment on how you like each voice and which one you prefer for each part. You're also encouraged to explain why (you like the accent, it reminds you of the original actor's voice, it sounds more realistic, anything).

- The two FoLCs that will have the majority's approval will take the parts. If it's a tough choice to make, I'll set up a poll. Do keep in mind, though, that since I'm the author of the story, I reserve the right to act as the casting director and go for the voices I like best laugh

And a very important thing I'm sure goes without saying, but... never hurts to double check:

I would kindly request the participants not to take it personally if they don't get the part. This is for entertainment purposes only. And not participating in the reading of this 3KB story doesn't mean you can't go on and record another story, if you want to wink

So, if you'll allow me, I would like to present the first participant - myself!

Anna Botsakou

(Please note that not everyone trying out for Lois has to be 'colouring' her voice the way I did here - regarding pauses, which words to emphasize, etc.. Read it out in the way you imagine it to sound.)

Hope this will turn out to be fun smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...