Woo-hoo! Okay, this is my first vid (counting Kryptonite , the L&C tradition, as my "almost first vid" wink )!

The song is "Rocky Raccoon" by the Beatles. It's a fun song we used to sing on family bike trips, and, well, one day not too long ago, I thought it'd make for a good L&C vid. Of course, I had no clips and no experience... That's where Psychofurball came in, listened to the song, and told me I had to make the vid! She provided the clips, the encouragement, and a lot of great FDK. This wouldn't have been possible without her.

Like I said, it's a really fun song. I personally suggest listening to it alone first, because I think the video will distract you from some of the lyrical subtleties. Just a thought.

As it happens, the song tells a story. A story which almost, but not quite, matches up with a certain plot from the show. Both plots had to bend a bit to fit together, but I think it works well enough. smile

Anyway, I'm currently on vacation, and stuck with dialup access, which means it takes me hours to send the file anywhere (for some reason, even with a 44k connection to the server, I can't seem to transfer files at more than 2kbps... <sigh>). I had sent a copy to Rach for final beta approval (she did that for me, too...), but then she spotted a little mistake. I fixed it, but she was smarter than me and signed off for the night before I could even consider sending the new version tonight. Silly me decided to upload the thing to my personal webspace, so I could send it wherever it needed to go just by pasting the link.

That took until after 6am. And that's when I decided that as long as I had it up, I might as well share. I'll get it uploaded to the right site later, and then update the link (and maybe make this post make a bit more sense than I can make at 6:30am).

EDIT: The file is now gone from temporary storage, but you can find it at its new home at The FoLC Video Archive . I have now updated the link below to reflect this change.

Rocky Raccoon

Enjoy! smile

Oh... one more thing. I remembered a FoLC who doesn't speak English as her native language saying that she had to look up the lyrics to really appreciate a vid. So, I tried to do something about that with this one. Please let me know if you think it works or if it's just distracting.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.