Thanks, guys!

Sounds like I'm gonna want a video capture card. And I'm going to want to start out with pretty easy software, so Movie Maker sounds perfect.

I got an ADS video capture device. There are several models, you'll pay more if you want it to be able to both import AND export video & audio, less if you just want it to import.
Okay, just checking -- where would I export video & audio to? To play on my TV...? Or put on tape?

I recommend you get a PC with a LOT of memory - each converted episode is well over 125 mbs. so they start to gobble up the memory very quickly.
You mean hard drive space? I haven't ever had trouble with an over-stuffed hard drive, but then I haven't made videos before, either. smile

Yeah, I do have tapes from ABC, although I didn't start taping until after Tempus Fugitive, so I've probably still got the kind with logos in the corner. But then, I know someone who's got even older tapes than me laugh so she and I might be able to work something out...

About the DVDs, my own highly cynical opinion is that WB will never get around to making L&C DVDs. Now, I wouldn't buy anything off of eBay, but if a friend happened to have the eps on DVD and offered to make me a copy... I just might take them up on it. I've made copies of videotapes for people before, which is the same thing, really. Basically, as long as nobody's making any money on the deal, I don't have a problem with it. But that's way off topic smile

Thanks for the tips, everyone, you've been very helpful! smile And I'm pretty sure I'll be back to ask more questions later.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K