This is a two part post -

First part - just to say "Hi" and welcome to this new thread dedicated to all things LnC video. I'm the official thread "moderator" so I suppose that means...well, that I actually get my name under the "moderator" title. WooHoo! And also, if you have any issues or concerns, feel free to drop me an e-mail and I'll do my very best to sort things out.

I want to thank Annette and Elena for their hard work in setting this up. Also, thanks to Kaethel for her work on moving stuff about and setting up a TOC. Also to everyone who voted for doing this - I think it's a great idea.

Second part - this is a question I'm asking from a video maker perspective. As most of you who've watched the various trailers and videos and such have noticed, there are two ways we can create and present the final product. We can either do them as a small screen version or a large screen version. The small screen versions are smaller as far as file size goes and the pictures are also much clearer and crisper - less jerkiness in the video itself. However, sometimes the smaller picture is harder to see. And while the larger screen is easier to see, we do lose quite a bit in the way of quality by forcing the video clips to a larger size. It is a definite trade off, and I'm not sure which is better or worse.

So the question is this - which do you prefer to view? The larger screen (which means bigger file to download and a little less quality picture-wise) or smaller screen (harder to see but faster and crisper)? Any input would be most helpful as we all go forward pumping out these fun videos and trailers.

Thanks again, and here's to lots of videos and trailers for us all to enjoy!
dance

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah