Virginia - thanks so much for taking care of all these polls!! Much appreciated!

I do want everyone to know the realities of all the types of SWAG, though! I mentioned in the original slogan thread that anything other than a t-shirt or stickers would be fairly cost-prohibitive:

I did some poking around on CafePress and Zazzle... and it seem like it would be far too cost-prohibitive to make anything other than a shirt. For example, a base price for a mug on CafePress is $10.99. As a shop owner, I can mark that up by $15 without being charged extra. (And I'd have to do more research, but I believe opening a shop also puts your stuff on the CafePress Marketplace, where *they* get to set a price. Only 10% commission comes from that. This could split and confuse our profits, not to mention making it very unwieldy.)

I think the t-shirts through teespring.com (or CafePress also has a similar fundraising setup) is our best bet.

That said, we could have some stickers made up for fairly cheap (though mailing them out would be the pricy part) at moo.com - http://us.moo.com/products/rectangular-stickers.html Maybe everyone with a minimum donation of $x would get a sticker? Or we could even get a couple of sets printed and people could dontate for a sticker pack of the top 5 slogans? (I imagine that stickers could incorporate some of the similar slogans: Like a mirrored image of "I'd rather be reading/writing fanfiction.")
I'm definitely still willing to set stuff up on CafePress for stuff other than t-shirts so long as people were aware of the costs involved. And that the full cost paid for the items would not go towards the fundraiser. Here\'s CafePress\'s pricing policy. So, for example:

Mug:

Base cost - $10.99
FoLC markup - $5.00 - $15.00
Economy shipping - $6.49

So, minimum price for a mug would be $22.48, which would net the fundraiser only $5.00.

Staples has some cheaper options, starting at $5.50 per mug, but that doesn't include the bulk shipping of the lot to one person, then the shipping costs it'd take to ship out to each FoLC who ordered one.

Notepads seem to be a popular vote so far, too. Just doing a brief search, Vistaprint could do notepads for $8.00 each. This also doesn't account for the shipping.

There's also some cool stuff on Staples.com in their "givaways and promo items" section . The same shipping stuff would apply here, too.

The sticker option from Moo.com would be most cost-effective for shipping.

Please everyone, share your thoughts on this! I personally would LOVE to have almost all of the mentioned swag, but I'm not sure how feasible it all is. I'd love to hear other thoughts and ideas on how this could all work. smile

Oh! And also, for anything other than a t-shirt, we'll need one of our graphically inclined FoLCs to come up with an image to upload to whichever place we use to create the swag. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.