I tried to vote 'other', but because I wouldn't answer question two, the poll won't let me register my vote.

The short answer is, I don't really care about extras, but whether I'll watch anything -- and what I'll bother watching -- depends on the DVD. I don't have any hard and fast rules.

Having said that, of those DVDs that I have bought / rented / watched, I can probably count on one hand the number of extra features I've bothered to look at.

So... I wouldn't buy or not buy a DVD on the basis of the extras provided. (I'd pay far more attention to price!)

However, I don't have a policy of not watching 'extra' stuff. In fact, when I saw Whale Rider, I was so taken by the story, I had to watch the extras, just to find out more.

If I bother watching anything, it is most likely to be cinema trailers or deleted scenes. I usually don't bother with director's commentaries or any of the behind the scenes stuff. I don't really like to know how things were done, because that takes away some of the magic for me. Knowing about blue screens and CGI in theory is one thing; actually seeing how they are applied to a particular scene is quite another.

What I would really like to see on DVDs, rather than all this 'making of...' stuff, etc, is more foreign language soundtracks, not just subtitles. I want my DVDs to be in Spanish or French, not just in English. (All praise for the TV series, Alien Nation, which I ordered from the US, which is in both English and Spanish. smile )

Chris