It was getting low voter numbers in general. Votes are starting to come in a little faster, but the age poll (posted not too much before this one) has fairly consistently had about twice as many votes as this one.

At the time I posted, only about 15 people had voted.

What that tells me is that most people either don't know or don't care, which means they probably won't end up using it.

Lab does have a good point, though, that if anyone is uncomfortable with the whole thing, we should give that due consideration. Clearly, we've managed without PMs all this time.

Like I said, I probably wouldn't use it too often, but I think it would be handy to have. It's a way to contact those people who choose not to publically display their email addresses, and it's only open to registered boards users (which means it can't be used by random spammers).

So... I'm for it. Not strongly "we have to do this!!" for it, but generally in favor.

EDIT: Anna posted while I was writing this.

Anna, thanks for the screencap. Wow, amazing how flexible UBB is. At first glance, I didn't even think that was made with the same boards software.

The notification does seem to be fairly unobtrusive.

Would you be able to reduce the picture size, though? It might be large for our friends on dialup. smile (Besides, cropping it a bit would help highlight the part of the screen you're talking about. ... Actually, adding an arrow or something might help, if you have a sec.)

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.