I love the image of Clark in a t-shirt and jeans, sparing with a passionate Lois. Of course, Beverly is right that L&C would not have worked if Lois were well-adjusted and positive-minded. But this incarnation of Clark had his flaws, too. I adore that he was prone to jealousy, could be stubborn and wrong, could love someone so passionately.
Yeah, but the thing to remember is that those weren't dark, angsty, brooding hero flaws but perfectly normal "human" ones that anyone might have. This is where I really do believe that people sell Superman short and give Batman a pass. I don't care if a hero can bench press planets, I care he still has family problems in spite of that and honestly tries to overcome them. That's heroic. What's not heroic is totally giving up on family in order to sit and brood about it and yet that's the accepted heroic mold. confused

Or at least all of this is true of the Superman where Clark is the real person. When Superman is the real person and Clark the disguise it creates a whole other dynamic which doesn't necessarily allow for family to begin with. Yet another reason why I'm having major doubts about the new movie. Things definitely seems to be going backwards there. I think their hearts may be in the right place but I have serious doubts about most writer's and producer's ability to come through with something palatable.

Okay, call me a cynic there but that's the way I feel. blush

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"