Up until LnC, I liked Batman better than Superman. IMO, while the Batman movies weren't so hot, the Superman ones were worse. Christopher Reeves's Superman was so stiff and his Clark Kent...eesh. It wasn't until Lois Lane came as Teri Hatcher that I loved it (strong woman counterpart who's in on the secret and so forth). Dean Cain's Clark was so human as to make the superpowers just an extra rather than a dominant force (in agreement with Groobie's point). He's vulnerable, thus making him more likeable.

Also, and this is just my taste, the black and blue seemed more...scary and cool than the red and blue. It's so American and just not scary. Even now, I find the Batmobile a great idea even though I don't do the comics whatsoever.

I will admit that Batman Begins, the latest movie which I was forced into watching, hooked me in more than any other superhero movie. I love the secret identity stuff, and making Bruce Wayne's sad childhood so poignant was good movie material. I also am a sucker for gadgetry so I enjoyed that part.

As far as Spiderman, I'm sorry. Peter Parker (isn't that his name?) just doesn't appeal to me that much. A guy as a spider just doesn't strike me as heroic. Sorry to those diehard fans, but I don't do comics so I have no characterisation issues to deal with smile . Although, I did buy my pseudo-nephew a Spiderman bedspread.

**~~**

Swoosh --->