This is a follow up to my web design question over in the Techie section, but this time, I need general thoughts from a variety of people.

I've put up a prototype here .

I've got a few things I need to know. Mostly about the font menus. The way I've observed things so far:

Internet Explorer (at least the version I have) has this annoying habit of seeing them as dangerous content. It tries to block it, and you have to click the little security bar and tell it to allow the content. Fortunately, you only have to do this once per session. You tell it it's okay, and it accepts that on the next page, too, without needing to prompt you again. Until, that is, you close the browser and try to open the page again. Then it's the same thing. Tries to block, etc.

IE does, however, allow me to set a default font.

Firefox, OTOH, has no problem realizing that just changing a font doesn't pose much of a security risk. If I set a default font, though, it accepts that as overriding anything else. So the menu to change the font doesn't work.

You'll see all of this in action, BTW, since I put up two pages. The "left" page has a default font, the "right" page doesn't.

You can also see the results of that table thing Karen helped me with. (Thanks again, Karen. smile ) It allowed me to make the background images for both pages.

So, my questions are as follows:

1. What do you think of the font menus? Are the fun?
2. Are they worthwhile?
3. Do the font menus work for you?
4. On the "left" page (the one with the default font), can you still change the font? Or just the font size?
5. Is there something else you'd like to do with the fonts? Change color, for example?
6. What do you think of the available font sizes?
7. What browser are you using?

I'm hoping to hear from a variety of people with a variety of browsers.

The page, once again, is here . I'll be adding more stuff to the finished version, but this has enough for now.

Of course, if you have any other comments/thoughts/suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.