Very nice section, Wendy! Not that A-plot isn't nice, but B-plot is just nicer. laugh

Clark's introspection during the flight to Lois' was well done. The stuff about Superman and finally being able to use his abilities in public, AND the thoughts about Lois. goofy

“Lois, you’ve had two nights with next to no sleep. You’re dead on your feet. Plus it’s been a heck of a traumatic night. I can’t hold you to anything you might say or do in this state! You need to get some sleep. We can talk later, okay?” he suggested.

“Clark!” Lois exclaimed. “Are you trying to give me the brush-off for my own good here?”

“Uh...” He floundered a little as he realised that her interpretation could be seen as valid. “Not really. It’s just that... oh, heck, Lois! You must know that I’m attracted to you! But I can’t let you make any sort of commitment now, when you’re almost asleep on your feet -”
Big dork that he is! He always tries to be so darned noble and ends up over-doing it every time!!! :rolleyes:

But thankfully Lois put him in-line this time:
“Clark!”

“What?”

“Shut up!”

And suddenly he had an armful of soft, yielding woman in his arms again, her lips on his, her arms around his neck. And he wasn’t going to argue with that!
goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage