Christmas...the time to eat, drink, and be merry.

Let's see, I've already gone to one holiday party. My sorority threw a bash downtown at my favorite club. It was food, dancing, and a lot of fun.

My dad had his office party, which was the exact same night, so I wasn't able to go this year. But it's great. There's usually a dinner somewhere, and then it's off to Bellingrath Gardens for the lights. It's just gorgeous. A long time ago, Mr. Bellingrath and his wife bought 60 acres of land on the river...they started planting, and thus, the gardens were born. There are pictures on the website if anyone wants to take a gander at them. During Christmas, it's pretty much 60 acres of lights wrapped around every plant imaginable...swans float in the lake, all kinds of snowmen, candycanes, and everything you can think of. If it's Christmas related, it's probably made out of lights somewhere on the grounds.

My aunt's having the annual party/family get together in Orlando this weekend, but I can't go because of finals. So the folks are going to have to take pictures for me. wink

Now my grandfather in Texas is having people over for Christmas as usual. I wonder who is showing up for it, considering there were 45 for Thanksgiving, and that's not even the whole family. So I'll definitely be there for a few days to celebrate and make margaritas.

Happy holidays, everyone!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy